News and Announcements
Scope of work
This project (Phase One) will allow the minimum upgrades to occur in order for the facility to continue to function, and includes:
• Roof Repair- roof is failing and beyond lifespan
• Addition Overhangs- without overhangs, degradation is accelerated on walls.
• Replace Insulation- insulation has been degraded by rodents and past end of life
• Install Facia, Soffit- aesthetic upgrade to increase attractiveness for athletes, participants, and tourists at HBM
• Replace Decking- decking is showing signs of rot
• Trim Windows- aesthetic upgrade to increase attractiveness for athletes, participants, and tourists at HBM
• Paint Exterior-aesthetic upgrade to increase attractiveness for athletes, participants, and tourists at HBM
If you community group is in need of a grant, connect with the NDIT!
Sending out a HUGE thank you to the Wetzin’kwa Community Forest Corporation Board for our 2018 GRANT of $10,065.44 with which we purchased 20 radios!
The radios, chargers, chest packs, and speaker mic’s have made our work on the mountain safer, easier, and more effective. Communication is stronger between our Race Organization Committee, volunteers, coaches and athletes. This purchase was much needed in order for our club to function at the highest of standards. We are so grateful!
Sept 26 to Dec 19th
We are pleased to be partnering with Smithers Saltos Gymnastics, where Level 2 certified coach Lara Collingwood will be hosting dryland sessions on Thursdays from 5:00-6:00 PM. This will be a great mix of agility, balance, coordination, and strength training at an incredible venue.
Open to all registered U12 and older Ski and Snowboard athletes, however:This not a drop-in program, your child should be planning to attend most sessions. You must sign up your child separately by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org You must complete the Gymnastics BC form, which will be emailed to you. No additional cost – included as part of regular fees We will assess during Christmas break whether to extend the season.
SSSC registration for 2019/20 is OPEN! Take a look through our programs to see which program suits you best. We offer ski and snowboard programs for ages 5 to 17 and a NEW Masters Ski Program for ages 18 and older. Dryland training starts September 26 for U12 and older at the Smithers Saltos Gym Club with Lara Collingwood.