Are you interested in coaching with Smithers Ski and Snowboard Club?
We offer competitive compensation, a great team environment and awesome athletes to work with.
It's required that you have a Level 1 entry level coaching certification with respective Provincial Organization that you represent (the club will usually pay for this training) You'll will also need to be available for the 13 Saturdays starting January 2, 2016 or a lot more depending on your coaching status with the club.
Please contact Jan Wengelin if your interested.
Smithers Ski and Snowbord Club (SSSC) code of conduct and Fair Play:
THE COACH AGREES TO:
- Teach the ahtletes, in a logical order, using all the available tools in the quest to achieve progression
- Commit 100% to program plan and schedule
- Communicate with the athletes on any and all aspects of their training(listening-explaining-deciding-acting)
- Communicate and schedule meetings with peers and parents
- To follow the NCCP and CSCF, CSF Code Of Ethics and be a member in good standing with respective PSO
- Represent the ahtlete's best interest within and outside of the North Zone as required
- Constantly look for ways to upgrade coaching skills and knowledge
FAIR PLAY FOR COACHES:
- I will teach my athletes to behave fairly
- I will adhere to the rules of the sport as defined by the club and the governing bodies for the sport, and teach my athletes to adhere to these rules
- I will ensure that all athletes have the opportunity to equal instruction and support
- I will not ridicule or yell at my athletes for making mistakes or performing poorly
- I will remember that children play to have fun and must be encouraged to have confidence in themselves
- I agree that I will not verbally, physically or mentally harass or abuse athletes, coaches, volunteers or HBMR staff
- I will make sure that training, training equipment, and training venues are safe and match the ability and age of the ahtletes
- I will remember that childern need a coaches they can respect and trust
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Jan Wengelin.